Clear Your Basic Concepts What is SEO
SEO is abbreviated as Search Engine Optimization, or in other words: search engine optimization.
SEO is the optimization of web pages with the aim of making these pages appear as above as possible in the SERP of search engines on the internet.
In the world, Google is the most used search engine, with 95% of the people as a user. Google users usually type in a few keywords, which your website should then give the best answer.
At Ignite SEO, they offer three key SEO services, Local SEO, National SEO and eCommerce SEO. These SEO services can be used together or independently, depending on the requirements of your business and your goals. And you can contact them for your Question.
How do search engines work? Or How SEO works?
Search engines are answering machines. What they do is scan billions of pieces of content to give you as a visitor the best answer. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of factors determine the quality of the best answer to your search query in Google.
Search engines carry out this process on a massive scale. Search engines also scan different types of pages/documents:
- Web pages
This scanning and reviewing of these documents are also referred to as ‘crawling’ and ‘indexing.’
After a document has been crawled and indexed, the page will start to ‘rank.’
We have written about this process before. More about this can be found on the page about crawling, indexing & ranking.
Why is SEO important?
Why SEO is still important is because:
- It boosts the online presence of your website
- You reach more potential customers
- The more you tailor your texts to the needs of the visitor, the more valuable visitors will come to your website.
- We analyze your online competitors, the opportunities within your market, and we will respond to these opportunities to give you excellent positioning in Google.
‘White hat SEO’ & ‘Black hat SEO.’ What does that mean?
What is white hat SEO?
White hat SEO is the techniques and strategies that you apply on a website that make the search engine happy. You add value for your website visitors.
What is ‘Black hat SEO?
Black hat SEO is such strategies and techniques that you apply and have as a starting point to deceive and spam the search engines. Applying these techniques can work, BUT as soon as the search engine realizes that you are applying these techniques, you will be punished by the search engine, and you will be given a ‘penalty,’ with the possible consequence that you will be removed from the search engine rankings.
Google’s starter guide to search engine optimization:
The basics of Google’s Starter Guide to Search Engine Optimization :
- Write pages for your visitors and not for the search engines.
- Avoid shady tricks to improve your search engine rankings. Always ask yourself whether you have also helped the end-user with the changes you make. “If search engines didn’t exist, would this page be of great value to the visitor?”
- What makes your website unique, valuable and how do you keep your visitors engaged with your website?
Bing’s starter guide to search engine optimization
The basics of Bing’s Starter Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- Create unique, substantive, valuable content for your visitors
- Keep your page titles relevant
- Links to your website from other websites are of great value, provided they are relevant and not ‘spammy.’
- Sharing your content on social media is also an important indicator of success
- Make sure your website loads quickly
Use alt attributes to optimize your images on the website