Western Tidewater Well being District strikes to section 1c of COVID-19 vaccinations
SUFFOLK, VA. (WAVY) – The Western Tidewater Health District is also moving on to Phase 1c of COVID-19 vaccinations.
The borough includes Suffolk, Franklin, Southampton Counties, and Isle of Wight Counties. Portsmouth also moved to 1c on Friday, and Chesapeake and Virginia Beach moved to 1c earlier this week.
1c includes more substantial workers, including:
- Energy: Electrical industry, petroleum industry (including gas station workers), natural gas industry and renewable energy
- Water, sewage and waste disposal: Water and utilities, recycling removal, plumbers
- Living and building: Hotel (traveler accommodation), HVAC technicians, hardware stores and similar retail stores, housing construction, painters, electricians, housing and real estate services
- Food service: Restaurant (waiter and back of the house)
- Transport and logistics: Shipyard, seafaring, welcome center, road construction industry, air traffic controllers and TSA, airline pilots, flight crews, flight crews, airport staff, car dealerships and repairs
- Universities: Faculty and staff
- Finances: Insurance carriers and related activities, bookkeeping, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll
- Information technology and communication: Internet / cell phone technicians, employees responsible for building or restoring the infrastructure, data center operators
- Legal advice: Workers who support operations of the judicial system, including lawyers and others who provide legal assistance. (Note: Judges and judicial officers will be added to the Continuity of Government group in Phase 1b.)
- Public safety: Engineers, emergency communication centers
- Hair stylists: Hairdressers, stylists, hairdressers
Those Pre-registered for the vaccine will be contacted by the health department to make an appointment.
More coverage: A new community vaccination center opens in Portsmouth. 1,000 cans per day on the go
Related: All Virginians 16 and older will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine by April 18, says Northam
For more information on the vaccine, see WAVY’s vaccination page.
Comments are closed.